Digital Scanning and Printing
We have one of the finest digital reproduction facilities ever developed. Every hand painted illustration is scanned at high resolution and archived by us. This provides a large, detailed file capable of producing crisp enlargements as much as five hundred percent (or more if requested).
Our guidelines for scan resolution
- Default resolution for renderings who's dimensions fit within 18" x 12" is 900dpi. For an 18 inch rendering, the file can be printed as low as 150dpi (pixel resolution not printer resolution) for a final size of 9 feet!
- Default resolutions for larger renderings is 600dpi.
- Client request or need trumps these rules. If large magnification is needed we will calculate the resolution needed for a crisp reproduction.
- Cropped Enlargements: Due to the extremely fine detail present in all our illustrations, and the high resolution at which we scan, we can produce prints of various points of interest on any rendering.
- Titling: Arial is standard on illustrations, mats, and photographs, though any type can be specified. Logos and title blocks are available by custom transfers.
- Mounting Matting and Framing All mat and frame styles are available.
- Normal Service Three days.
- Rush Service Because our facilities are in-house, we can ship photographs with your artwork, given 24 hours notice. Same day service is available for existing files.
- Posters and Poster-Style Printing Turn any illustration or model photograph into a striking poster and give traditional pass out prints an exciting new look. Custom lettering, borders, backgrounds, graphics and text can be added in any color to any print. Loose, mounted and framed, or mounted on one inch thick mount board with wrapped edges. Available in glossy, matte finish or clear laminate. A decorative showpiece and excellent gift for the owner, tenant, or design staff.